Strawberry yogurt parfaits are an easy and delicious way to start Valentine’s Day. Make some jars for breakfast, school lunches or as a wholesome snack!
I wasn’t going to share these strawberry yogurt parfaits with you today because they seemed much too simple. But, lately, I’ve come to understand that we all need some quick and easy ideas from time to time. Are you with me?
The beginning of the year is always a little slower for me than how it ends (with the craziness of the holiday season). I have much more time on my hands to make Valentine’s Day treat bags or bake chocolate chunk skillet cookies or tackle other DIY projects. Maybe that isn’t the case for you right now.
Valentine’s Day parfaits, that can be thrown together in minutes (or even the night before), may be all you have time for. So easy!
These yogurt parfaits are perfect for breakfast, kids’ lunches or afternoon snack. Pass them out to friends or co-workers on Valentine’s Day to show your appreciation.
Originally, I put a bunch together for my GALentine’s Day tea party. The idea stuck, and now we usually have some grab-n-go version of these yogurt parfaits in the fridge on a regular basis.
Lately, I’m working hard on being more organized when it comes to food prep. We all tend to reach for what’s easy (don’t we?), so it’s good that these are packed with protein, fibre and nutrients. If you’re looking for another idea, these jars of raspberry coconut chia breakfast pudding are good too.
How to Make Strawberry Greek Yogurt Parfaits
Step One: Start out with a generous scoop or two of plain Greek yogurt.
Step Two: Add a small amount of reduced-sugar strawberry jam.
Step Three: Cover with a layer of muesli (or granola).
Step Four: Top with freshly sliced strawberries.
As you can see, there’s no measuring required for this easy yogurt parfait recipe!
Keeping with the Valentine’s Day theme, I also garnished each jar with a whole strawberry. Chocolate dipped strawberries would be delicious too!
Play around with your yogurt parfait ingredients. If you’re using sweetened or flavoured yogurt, you may want to omit the jam or switch it out for something else.
Yogurt Parfait Ingredient Options
- almost any yogurt (dairy or dairy-free, such as coconut, oat, etc.)
- blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, peaches or almost any fruit you enjoy
- dates, goji berries, dried cranberries or blueberries
- honey, maple syrup, blackberry jam, lemon curd
- granola (store-bought or homemade)
- hemp hearts, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia (will soften over time)
- walnuts, pecans, coconut flakes
- chocolate chips
As an option, you could set up a parfait bar with an assortment of ingredients. That way, everyone can make their own. I think it would be a fun idea for a Valentine’s Day brunch too.
Yogurt Parfait Tips
- What is the best type of yogurt to use in a parfait? Greek and skyr are thicker yogurts that tend to hold up well if making ahead of time. Regular yogurt is an option if you’re eating right away.
- Can I use frozen yogurt? It makes a delicious dessert! Assemble in the same order and eat right away. If making ahead of time, store in freezer in an airtight container, adding fresh fruit right before serving.
- How long will yogurt parfaits keep? These parfaits are best eaten the day they’re made. You can also store in the fridge for up to 3 days (depending on your ingredients) in an airtight container.
Did you make these Valentine Day yogurt parfaits? Leave your thoughts, plus star review in the comments below. Also, share a photo on social tagging @satoridesignforliving. I’d love to feature you!
Be sure to pin these Valentine Yogurt Parfaits for later!
Want more delicious recipes and ideas like these sent directly to your inbox? Be sure to SUBSCRIBE.
Rita Joy says
Shauna! Thanks so much for stopping by the Homestyle Gathering Link Party. It’s so fun to have you here!:) I love your beautiful ~ and simple ~ Valentine’s parfaits. I love anything that’s simple in the kitchen.:) Have a great week.
Kim @Serving Up Southern says
I love these little parfaits, Shauna! I’m all for grab and go and even better when it’s something on the healthier side. Thanks so much for joining us and sharing these over at Homestyle Gathering.
Julie Briones says
These look amazing, Shauna… Love the photography, too! So inspiring!
Sheila Zeller says
Thanks for sharing your grab-n’-go parfait idea, Shauna. Lately I’ve been having yogurt and fresh-cut fruit with chopped nuts for breakie, but to take it to the next level and actually prepare ahead like this makes so much sense! Love it!!
Now that I am an empty nester I truly appreciate desserts made in individual servings. This recipe is perfect for our house. Yum. Pinning