Make these Valentine’s Day chocolate truffle hearts with sea salt to share with family and friends. An easy chocolate recipe with only 4 ingredients. Spread the love!
If you ask me, Valentine’s Day couldn’t come soon enough. In the past, I’ve been a bit nonchalant about the whole thing, but these days, I love the idea of spreading more LOVE.
With so much uncertainty and angst going on in the world right now, it’s nice to focus on something positive and uplifting.
I’m someone who believes we all have a part to play in making the world a better place. For some, it’s tackling human rights issues in a very vocalized and public way (I commend those brave souls). In respect to others, it’s being kind and loving and accepting in our daily lives.
For me, it’s about being the best I can be, and listening to that voice inside that knows right from wrong. It’s about supporting causes that tug at my heart strings. It’s using my own personal gifts and talents to be in service to others.
I’m not going to stop doing the things that make me (and those around me) happy. I don’t believe that’s the solution.
In times like these, I think it’s even more important to celebrate the little things.
Chocolate Heart Shaped Truffles with Sea Salt
I’m well aware making chocolate heart truffles won’t fix the world’s problems. It isn’t necessary to point that out. But, they just may be enough to brighten someone’s day.
Every positive imprint, as tiny as it may be, is a step in the right direction. Collectively, we can make a difference.
I encourage you to do your part. Find your way to show others you care. Big or small. No judging here.
Let’s put some effort into Valentine’s Day! Are you with me?
Some links used in this post are affiliates. Please refer to my disclosure policy for more information.
Valentine Chocolate Gift
Be sure to place your homemade chocolates in paper candy cups so they don’t stick together. You could also use a bit of parchment paper instead.
For Valentine’s Day, these pink paper loaf pans that I picked up at the Dollar Store are perfect. You could also use cookie tins.
Now, who’s ready for some homemade Valentine’s chocolate?
Chocolate Truffle Hearts with Fleur de Sel
- 3 squares semi-sweet chocolate 84 grams good quality
- 1 ½ tablespoons whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch fleur de sel sea salt
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate and whipping cream. Heat gently for 30 seconds at 50% power (microwaves will vary).
- Remove from heat and stir until chocolate is melted and cream is incorporated. (If required, return to microwave and heat in 10 second intervals. Less is more in this case.)
- Stir in vanilla.
- Fill chocolate heart molds, tapping on counter to even out.
- Top with a sprinkle of fleur de sel while still warm. For coarse sea salt, crush with the back of a spoon first.
- Place in the refrigerator until set (about 20 minutes minimum). Remove from mold.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days or in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- If preferred, use a double boiler instead of a microwave to heat the chocolate and cream.
- I have also added a bit of natural peanut butter to the chocolate mixture, which was delicious. I’ve also topped the truffles with crushed coffee beans instead of sea salt. Play around!
Pin these Valentine’s Day heart shaped truffles for later!
Want more holiday and seasonal ideas like these sent directly to your inbox? Be sure to SUBSCRIBE.
This Valentine’s Day chocolate recipe was originally published February 2017 and updated with new ideas and photos January 2023.