These pumpkin oat muffins are packed with good things like protein and fibre without compromising taste. Perfect on-the-go breakfast option or mid-afternoon snack!
Do you love pumpkin season as much as I do? As soon as it turns to fall, I crave anything PUMPKIN.
Now muffins, they’re something I usually stay away from. Delicious, yes. But they’re usually packed with refined sugar and oil. Those are two things I’m trying to stay away from these days as much as possible.
Except, these pumpkin oat muffins are loaded with protein and fibre, not to mention other goodies like vitamin A. Instead of canola oil, I’ve used coconut oil. And, really, who needs all of that sugar anyway, so let’s take some away…
But, don’t worry. These pumpkin oat muffins are so moist and flavourful. You can thank the pumpkin puree and spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger for that.
Perhaps it’s okay to indulge in muffins once in a while if they’re the right ones, right?
Pumpkin Oat Muffins
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup all purpose flour I used nutri-flour “tastes like white” blend
- ¼ cup oat bran or pulsed rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts optional
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pureed pure pumpkin
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin tin with parchment paper or ready-made liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, combine the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin and sprinkle top with rolled oats. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 10 large muffins.
PIN this pumpkin oat muffin recipe for later!
Have a favourite fall flavour? Do you go nuts for pumpkin like I do? What’s your go-to fall muffin recipe?
Want more delicious recipes and ideas like these sent directly to your inbox? Be sure to SUBSCRIBE.
Hope you’re falling for fall :)