This grilled peach summer salad is an easy and wholesome lunch, dinner or appetizer recipe. Made with sweet and juicy peaches, peppery arugula, crunchy pecans and more, all topped off with tangy and sweet maple vinaigrette. A satisfying and delicious salad!
This post is sponsored by BC Tree Fruits. I have been compensated monetarily for my time and recipe creation. This grilled peach summer salad recipe, the pictures and words are my own, as always.
Summer seems to whipping by, so I’m soaking up every last drop I can. Are you feeling the same way? I think it mostly has to do with the carefree and relaxed vibe that tends to go hand in hand with the season.
Take mealtime, for instance. It’s so easy to fire up the grill and throw together a salad. And with fresh produce at its best right now, preparing wholesome and delicious lunches and dinners takes no time at all. I say hooray to that!
At the moment, sweet and succulent fresh peaches are my thing. You know the ones where juice drips down your wrists as you eat them over the kitchen sink? It doesn’t get any better than that!
Tip: Cut the peach lengthwise all around, then gently twist the two halves apart to expose the pit.
Luckily, we have access to the best. BC Tree Fruits Peaches are grown in the sunny Okanagan Valley and come from the orchards of their grower families. I love that kind of garden-to-table freshness!
Look for the Leaf sticker to ensure the premium quality they’re known for. Flavourful peaches are aromatic and soft. Use your nose to pick out a tasty one.
Grilled Peach Salad Ingredients
You’re going to need at least two ripe peaches to make this salad. Of course, you’ll want even more. (I ate half a peach just while making this salad and my son devoured for the rest).
Freestone peaches are perfect for canning and making delicious desserts like peach crisp in a jar. You can also freeze them. Look for fresh peaches from late July to early September.
For this recipe, you will also need:
- arugula and baby spinach
- mint leaves
- english cucumber
- fresh mozzarella
- olive oil and white wine vinegar
- maple syrup
- salt and pepper
The full list of ingredient measurements, plus instructions are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Why Grilled Peaches?
Before I had ever tried them, I asked myself the same thing. Then, I quickly realized how much it enhances the natural sweetness, while giving them a slightly caramelized, smoky flavour.
Get ready to be wowed. Plus, they look so darn pretty with the grill marks!
Served over top a bed of spinach, arugula, mint, cucumber and fresh mozzarella, they’re amazing! Of course, toasted pecans and maple vinaigrette are the perfect way to finish it all off. Yum!
The whole salad combination is like summer on a plate. Ready to dig in?
Want to add more protein or make this a meal on its own? This salad pairs well with grilled chicken or salmon.
All I can say is, be prepared for your family to go back for second helpings. This grilled peach summer salad is impossible to resist (and nutritious too. Shh…). Enjoy!
Grilled Peach Summer Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
For the Dressing
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 2 peaches cut into 8 slices each, pits removed
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups arugula
- 6 mint leaves torn into small pieces
- ½ cup english cucumber sliced and halved
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella torn into pieces
- ½ cup pecans toasted
- Mix together dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Combine well.
- Preheat grill (BBQ) to medium. Lightly brush peach slices on both sides and place cut side down on hot grill for about 5 minutes per side. Peaches will be done when grill marks appear and peaches become slightly soft. Transfer to plate and cool.
- In a large serving bowl, layer spinach, arugula, mint, cucumber, fresh mozzarella and pecans. Top with grilled peaches.
- Drizzle salad evenly with dressing. Serve immediately.
- Cut the peach lengthwise all around, then gently twist the two halves apart to expose the pit.
- For added protein, this grilled peach salad pairs well with grilled chicken or salmon.
- This salad can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge. Hold pecans and dressing until right before serving.
Be sure to pin this summer peach salad recipe for later!
Want more delicious recipes and ideas like these sent directly to your inbox? Be sure to SUBSCRIBE.
Enjoy the sunshine!
This grilled peach salad recipe was originally published August 2018 and updated with new ideas and photos August 2023.