This bourbon mint lemonade cocktail is a bit tart, a bit sweet, and oh-so-delicious. Made with only a handful of simple and fresh ingredients, it’s the perfect drink to savour this summer!
Hello everyone. With the heaviness of last week and the months beforehand, I decided to pause from posting to truly listen and learn. I feel at certain times in life it’s necessary to make space for those who have an important message. I love what my friend Thalita shared on Monday about “Moving forward, not on.” I think her message is a good way to approach life right now. Let’s not forget.
With that being said, I’m looking forward to brighter days ahead. Wouldn’t it be nice if everyone could have that chance? Still so much work to do, but I feel like we’re heading in the right direction. I’m hoping and praying.
Perhaps with summer on its way, we can use the season to breathe, reflect and renew…
Do you slow down over the summer months? In my experience, it’s when new ideas have the chance to take root and grow.
Something tells me this summer will be a season of re-connecting. I’m looking forward to sharing a cocktail with my closest friends. Catching up is long overdue. It’ll be interesting to see how they’ve changed throughout these challenging times. I think we all have in one way or another.
Have you watched Sweet Magnolias on Netflix? I love how close and supportive their friendship is, and it made me realize how much I’ve missed my girlfriends the past few months. I definitely won’t take our time together for granted ever again. Perhaps we need to start our own margarita night!
Or, maybe, we’ll try different drinks each time. I’m a one-and-done kind of cocktail drinker, but it’s fun to try something new. Even some non-alcoholic versions would be good as well.
And the timing couldn’t be more perfect with the weekend kicking off. Today, some of my blogger friends are also sharing their favourite summer drink recipes as part of Krista’s Seasonal Simplicity series. Be sure to read to the bottom for all kinds of tasty ideas. You may want to check out our summer crafts too.
Let’s get started with my bourbon mint lemonade cocktail. I pretty much like any cocktail recipes with mint. This one is perfect for barbecues, poolside, evenings around the fire or pretty much any occasion (or just because). Cheers!
Some links for supplies I used in this post are affiliates. If you click through and take action, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information.
How to Make Bourbon Mint Lemonade
- small saucepan
- wooden spoon
- liquid measuring cup
- citrus reamer
- cutting board
- small plate
- 10-12 oz. cocktail glasses
See recipe card below for more details.
- Add granulated sugar and water to a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk occasionally until sugar completely dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and chopped mint. Allow to completely cool in refrigerator (at least 20 minutes). Pour over strainer to remove mint.
- To rim each glass, run lemon slice or wedge along top. Place sugar on small plate and dip each glass in a circular motion until covered.
- Evenly divide lemon mixture between glasses. Add 1 ounce (or more) of bourbon to each.
- Top each glass with a handful of ice cubes, followed by sparkling water. Garnish with lemon slice and sprig of mint.
Some Notes About this Bourbon Lemonade Recipe
- Play around with measurements to craft your perfect cocktail. More bourbon? More simple syrup? You get the picture!
- Be sure to use a good quality bourbon.
- If you want to make a pitcher instead, simply add all ingredients instead of dividing between glasses. I still suggest rimming glasses to balance out the tartness of the lemon. Either add the garnishes directly to the pitcher or have them in a bowl beside the glasses.
- For larger gatherings, double or triple the recipe. I suggest making the lemon, mint and syrup mixture ahead of time and keeping in the refrigerator until needed. Even the day before works!
Bourbon Mint Lemonade Cocktail
This bourbon mint lemonade cocktail is a bit tart, a bit sweet, and oh-so-delicious. Made with only a handful of simple and fresh ingredients.
- ½ cup granulated sugar plus extra for rimming glasses
- ½ cup cold filtered water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice about 4 lemons
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 4 oz. bourbon (adjust to preference)
- sparkling water
- small ice cubes
- 2 lemon slices, halved for garnish
- 4 fresh mint sprigs for garnish
Add granulated sugar and water to a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk occasionally until sugar completely dissolves. Remove from heat.
Stir in lemon juice and chopped mint. Allow to completely cool in refrigerator (at least 20 minutes). Pour over strainer to remove mint.
To rim each glass (4 in total), run lemon slice or wedge along top. Place sugar on small plate and dip each glass in a circular motion until covered.
Evenly divide strained lemon mixture between glasses. Add 1 oz. (or more) of bourbon to each.
Top each glass with a handful of ice cubes, followed by sparkling water. Garnish with lemon slice and sprig of mint.
- Want to make a pitcher instead? Simply add all ingredients instead of dividing between glasses. I still suggest rimming glasses and having garnishes available!
- Use a good quality bourbon and adjust measurement to your liking.
More Summer Drink Ideas
Okay, it’s time to check out my friends’ summer drink recipes. They look so refreshing, don’t they?!
Sugar Free Raspberry Syrup Gin Soda Cocktail – The Happy Housie
Salty Dog Grapefruit Cocktail – Jenna Kate at Home
Blueberry Lemon Summer Cocktail – My 100 Year Old Home
Easy Summer Cocktail Recipe – Modern Glam
Simple Mojito Recipe – Inspiration for Moms
Summer Tropical Berry Slushie – Cassie Bustamante
How to Make Whipped Coffee – She Gave it a Go
Avocado Banana Smoothie – Dans le Lakehouse
Coconut Milkshake – Life is a Party
Lemonade Float – Clean & Scentsible
Which drink are you going to try first? So many delicious options!
Did you make this bourbon mint lemonade cocktail? I’d love for you to share a photo on social with hashtag #satoridesignforliving or the “tried this pin” feature on Pinterest! Also, let me know how it went in the comments (with your star rating).
Enjoy your day!