These no-bake strawberry lemon cheesecake jars are an easy and totally scrumptious dessert. Whip up a batch for your next family get-together or dinner party. Yum!
Hello there! Can you believe we’re more than a week into August already? Where has summer gone? We’re soaking up every last bit we can and have plenty of fun-filled activities scheduled with family and friends. There’s so much to celebrate!
Speaking of get-togethers, I have a tasty dessert recipe I’m excited to share with you today. Does strawberry lemon cheesecake get your attention? I love cheesecake!
And since this one is a no bake version, it makes it so very simple to throw together.
See those succulent strawberries? So fresh and delicious this time of year. I could eat them by the handful. Thank goodness they’re healthy.
And the tangy and smooth lemon cheesecake layer is the perfect complement, as is the crispy ginger cookie crust. The flavours and textures work perfectly together!
Although this cheesecake can be made in a pan or large pie plate, I decided to use individual jars instead. Cute, right? It looks similar to my panna cotta recipe.
It solves the problem of having to cut the whole thing into pieces and transfer to plates. Why does that never go as planned when guests are over? I call it the entertainer’s curse.
I love that I can whip up a batch of these delicious cheesecake jars ahead of time and pull them out when we’re ready for dessert. Grab some spoons, et voila. Easy cleanup too. Enjoy!
No Bake Cheesecake Jars
Yields 6 jars (12 oz.)
These no-bake strawberry lemon cheesecake jars are easy to make and totally scrumptious!
- 1½ cups crushed ginger cookies (I used Dare Simple Pleasures brand)
- ⅓ cup pecans
- 3 TB. granulated sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup cream (35%)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 block (226 grams) cream cheese (I used light), softened and cut into large chunks
- Zest + juice of lemon
- 1½ cups cream (35%)
- 3 TB. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups strawberries, washed, hulled and cut
- Add ginger cookies to food processor and pulse until crumbs are coarse. Add pecans and pulse until fine.
- Transfer crumb mixture to medium-sized bowl. Stir in sugar and melted butter. Combine well.
- Divide evenly between 6 jars (12 oz.) and press lightly to form a crust base. Refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, add cream to food processor (or use bowl and hand mixer) and blend until it starts to thicken. Add powdered sugar and Greek yogurt, and pulse until incorporated (about 30 seconds).
- Add cream cheese, lemon zest and juice. Combine until smooth.
- Spoon mixture evenly over top crust layer of each jar. Return to refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (or overnight).
- Before serving, whip cream, along with powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Top each prepared jar with a layer of whipped cream followed by strawberries. Serve immediately for best results or refrigerate covered up to 1 day.
I used Gem jars which are a little larger than a standard 12 oz. mason jar. Any jar, glass dish or cup with a larger opening will work.
Try substituting blueberries for the strawberries, or use a mixture of the two.
PIN these no bake cheesecake jars for later!
Planning on trying these no bake cheesecake jars? I’d love for you to take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #satoridesignforliving
For a different version of this no bake cheesecake, try fresh blueberries instead. So yummy!
Looking for other desserts to make in a jar? Click here to get the recipes for peach crisp, panna cotta and more!
Thanks for stopping by!