Every Christmas, I like to come up with a signature cocktail to enjoy with friends and family when they stop by. Of course, the first order of concern is always taste, but the designer in me says it has to look great too. I think my festive pomegranate mojitos do the trick, you?
Although cocktails are few and far between for me, mojitos are my go-to. I like how fresh they taste and how you can control the amount of sweetness making them a bit healthier than many other drink options.
These beautiful festive pomegranate mojitos are perfect for Christmas entertaining all season long. Fresh and delicious!
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves (plus more for garnish)
- 1 lime (half juiced and half cut into wedges)
- 1 TB. honey simple syrup (get recipe here)
- 3 TB. pomegranate juice
- 1 shot white rum (or vodka)
- ice (*see below)
- 2 TB. pomegranate seeds
- Soda water
- In a sturdy glass or jar, add mint leaves, lime juice, lime wedges, honey simple syrup, pomegranate juice and rum.
- With a muddler or wooden spoon, work to combine flavors (until the mint leaves and limes start to break down).
- Fill glass half way (or a bit more) with ice. Add pomegranate seeds and top with soda water. Garnish with a mint leaf.
Note: I like to freeze cranberries and mint in my ice cubes to give our drinks a festive look over the Christmas season. So pretty!
You can also make a large batch in a pitcher ahead of time. Add the soda just before serving.
Don’t leave the kids or non-drinkers out. These taste great without the alcohol too!
Now check out the Festive Holiday Recipes from some of my friends!
Snowball Cookies by Setting for Four
Festive Pomegranate Mojitos by Satori Design for Living (that’s me!)
Gingerbread Cookie Decorations by Kitchen Simplicity
Baked Goat Cheese & Bacon Spinach Dip by A Pretty Life in the Suburbs
We’re having a party and you’re invited!
Come back tomorrow (Dec. 10) to link up your Holiday Recipes (appetizers, desserts, mains, drinks, snacks, anything goes…). I’m happy to be hosting alongside Jo-Anna from A Pretty Life in the Suburbs, in addition to our two guest hostesses this year, Heather from Setting for Four and Cheri from Kitchen Simplicity.
I’ll be sharing my favorites on social media all week long, as well as doing a features post next Wednesday.
See you tomorrow!