These festive pomegranate mojitos are perfect for Christmas entertaining all season long. Beautiful, fresh and delicious!
Every Christmas, I like to come up with a signature cocktail to enjoy with friends and family when they stop by. Of course, the first order of concern is always taste, but the designer in me says it has to look great too. I think my festive pomegranate mojitos do the trick, you?
Although cocktails are few and far between for me, mojitos are my go-to. I like how fresh they taste and how you can control the amount of sweetness making them a bit healthier than many other drink options. Another version I enjoy is this basil cucumber mojito.
Pomegranate Mojito Recipe
I like to freeze cranberries and mint in my ice cubes to give our drinks a festive look over the Christmas season. So pretty!
You can also make a large batch of these Christmas mojitos in a pitcher ahead of time. Add the soda just before serving.
Don’t leave the kids or non-drinkers out. These taste great without the alcohol too!
Festive Pomegranate Mojitos
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 1 lime half juiced and half cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon honey simple syrup see notes below
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 ounce white rum
- ice see notes below
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Soda water
- In a sturdy glass or jar, add mint leaves, lime juice, lime wedges, honey simple syrup, pomegranate juice and rum.
- With a muddler or wooden spoon, work to combine flavours (until the mint leaves and limes start to break down).
- Fill glass half way (or a bit more) with ice. Add pomegranate seeds and top with soda water. Garnish with a mint leaf.
- For the honey simple syrup, combine equal parts honey and water (say ½ cup honey and ½ cup water) in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the honey dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool completely before using. Store in an airtight container or jar in the fridge.
- Freeze cranberries and mint in ice cubes to give your drinks a festive look over the Christmas season. So pretty!
Be sure to pin these pomegranate mojitos for later!
More Christmas Recipes
Now check out the festive holiday recipe ideas from some of my friends!
We’re having a party and you’re invited!
Come back tomorrow (Dec. 10) to link up your Holiday Recipes (appetizers, desserts, mains, drinks, snacks, anything goes…). I’m happy to be hosting alongside some of my friends.
Want more delicious recipes and ideas like these sent directly to your inbox? Be sure to SUBSCRIBE.
See you tomorrow!