I have amazing friends. I have friends who encourage me to follow my dreams, pick me up when I’m having a bad day, create the most delicious food, let me borrow their jewelry and books, share their wisdom, open up their homes… The list really goes on and on and I’m so grateful!
After starting my business a few years back and my blog only a couple months ago, I realized that friendship comes in many forms. There was a time when I felt a bit isolated working alone in my office. Of course I had Oprah Radio or my friends Josh Groban, Jim Cuddy and Michael Buble with me, but I still needed those daily connections. I have some of the best clients, but I wouldn’t want to share with them the problem I was having with my fabric supplier or the excitement of figuring out how to add a particular application to Facebook. It’s a boundary I wouldn’t cross.
Perhaps it was an intention I set to feel more connected that opened the doors to a whole new world for me. Traditionally I thought of friends as people I met and got to know in person- friends from back home, university, my son’s sports team, past jobs, neighbors, etc. However, over the past year I’ve formed friendships with a number of people who are heart-centered online entrepreneurs and/or bloggers. These women are my go-to girls. I genuinely care about each one’s success and I am so grateful to feel supported and connected everyday. I also appreciate the daily interactions I have with the Satori Design for Living community. It is growing everyday and I am inspired by all your comments and emails.
I’m not suggesting that you actively seek friendship out online. There are definitely a lot of people out there who will take advantage of you and don’t have the best intentions. However, if you’re open to letting new people into your life, eventually the cream will rise to the top and you’ll find those amazing people like I have. The world is too big and you have too much to offer to limit your connections to the small circle of friends you’ve alway been part of. I encourage you to take a chance.
Earlier this week I was awarded The Versatile Blogger by Tiffany (one of my blogger friends) at Living Savvy. To tell you the truth, I didn’t even know what it was at first. Then I realized it is a fun way to share some things you probably don’t know about me and introduce you to blogs I follow.
- Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself that others may not know.
- Pass this award along to 15 blogs you enjoy reading.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
In my case I want to thank Tiffany for the nomination. I enjoy reading her blog, so I am pleased to see the feeling is mutual.
Seven things about me:
- I love sweets. I’m especially smitten with cupcakes, brownies and dark chocolate. Thankfully a little goes a long way with me!
- I was raised on a farm and continue to be a country girl at heart. Part of me wants to move to the country, but I know the insane amount of work it is to keep it up.
- I am developing a strong interest in angel and oracle cards. This summer a friend of mine did a reading and I found it intriguing. I don’t let these dictate my life, but I use them for comfort and insight.
- I’m an avid cook, but currently have a stove with only two properly functioning burners. I’m waiting until I can do all the changes I want to in the kitchen before I get a new one.
- We’re currently on the look-out for a place to build our dream home. I’m realizing that we’re pretty picky, but I have faith that we’ll find it.
- I love traveling, especially to warm destinations during our long Canadian winters. Usually this time of year I start dreaming of warm beaches.
- My morning coffee is a MUST.
And now, passing the award on to these fantastic blogs:
- The House of Smiths
- Marcus Design
- The Lettered Cottage
- Arianna Belle
- aka design
- Young House Love
- Libby Lane Press
- Simplified Bee
- Beach House in the City
- Home Stories A to Z
- At the Picket Fence
- Nesting Place
- Centsational Girl
- Teal and Lime
I hope you’ll take some time to check each blog out. Perhaps you’ll come across someone you resonate with! Wishing you a fabulous week!
By the way, if you’re wondering who won the Libby Lane Press giveaway, click here.