Today, I’m excited to show you my latest e-design project. After receiving Barbara’s list of wants and needs, as well as looking through several snapshots of her living room, I was able to pinpoint what she was looking for.
- Drawn towards traditional styling.
- Favorite furniture resources are Restoration Hardware and Pottery Barn.
- Most comfortable living with shades of cream, yellow and pink.
- She and her husband basically live in the room.
- Loves everything in the room, but wants the look pulled together.
Before, Barbara’s living room had great foundational pieces, but it lacked personality. I suggested keeping the space fairly neutral by adding different textures, such as grasscloth wallpaper, a sisal area rug and chunky accessories. Adding a few more yellow accessories will bring the space to life, and will complement the existing elements in other parts of her home to maintain flow.
Here’s what we were starting with. Pretty good, right?
Along with the mood board, I created a plan for updating the window treatments, addressing the fireplace, styling the built-ins, and more. Here are some of the inspiration photos I included to demonstrate the direction I suggest taking the room in…